Esalen was planning to reopen after closing due to COVID-19 when the Dolan Fire broke out on Aug. 18 across our campus on Highway 1. Since then California firefighters have been working nonstop to manage the blaze which and has consumed more than 111,000 of the surrounding acres as of Sept. 11. The outpouring of support we have received reminds us of the importance of "community," which we honor in this edition of Esalen News with updates from CEO Terry Gilbey on next steps after the Dolan Fire and spotlights on wisdom teachers, including Esalen Co-founder Michael Murphy, whose sea-changing influence continue to positively impact others.
Recent Esalen News Issues
- August 2020 — Exploring What's Possible
- July 2020 — Rites of Passage
- June 2020 — Integrating the Lessons
- May 2020 — Charting New Territory
- April 2020 — Strength in Community
- March 2020 — Practicing Courage